I'm growing fonder of Mexico. Tehuacan is very hot and very dry. There is a thin layer of dirt over almost every surface. No matter how much you sweep and mop it doesn't go away. Now it makes sense why everyone wears house shoes here because the floors are so dirty. I miss carpet. Everyone has tile floors, cement or hard wood flooring here. When I get home I'm taking a nice long nap on the carpet. There are side walks everywhere here. You would think that walking everywhere would be really nice but its not. They plant trees on the side walks. You think it would provide nice shade for walking in if in fact there was room to walk on the side walk. The dumb trees take up all of the walking room. Then when the trees get bigger the roots tear up the side walk. So the Mexicans cut down the trees fix up the side walk and then plant an other tree in the same spot. Its a vicious cycle.
Teaching makes the days go by fast. My kids call me Megan Fox which I really hate and find very offensive. I have natural beauty not fake beauty. When they ask questions they always say "for why teacher" its really annoying but super funny. The other day one of my classes busted out in random song. They sing this song about chocolate, maybe they will teach it to me. Then they sang hot and cold by Katy Perry. It was just so weird I didn't tell them to stop singing until they wanted to. So at the Discovery school I teach 3rd graders. At ILP I teach like 2nd and 3rd graders too but I teach one kinder class. There is a little girl who is pure evil. She looks just like Dora the Explorer. She is so evil she scares me. She is wild and won't listen to any of the teachers. She constantly speaks Spanish in class which is totally against the rules. If you had to interact with this beast of a child you would feel my pain. Her looks may be decieving but she is evil. I feel like one day she might bite me. Other than that I pretty much like the kids I teach. My host family has these stupid excuses for dogs that my host family has. They have 2 little poodles and one like half chiwawa or how ever you spell half somethingelse. I'm pretty sure that its part satanic. The satanic one for the first week I was here would nonstop bark at me every time it saw me. I really want to kick one of these dogs just because they are freaks of nature. I think one of them peed on one of my pillows. I miss Boomer, now he is a real dog.
Every day I help one of the teachers eat the food that her host family sends with her. They give her so much food. She gets like 3 sandwhiches and other stuff for lunch and then after we teach her host mom brings her more food. The other day she had these potatoes with pork and it smelled so good. I ended up eating it all because it was extremely spicy and no one else wanted it. I thought my tongue was going to fall off and my lips dissinegrate. The more I ate the hotter it got. But I can proudly say I finished it and didn't have bowell problems later.
The other night I made french toast for my host family. After we were done eating we were all sitting around visiting. Then this huge grasshopper flew into the kitchen. My host sister wanted to catch it. It was me and a bunch of Mexican women. So I was trying to help her. It was flying around and was hiding on this window ledge that was way up high. I ended up standing on the counter top and my host mom gave me this huge stick to get it. Everyone was screaming and running and it was crazy but I eventually caught it in a shoe box and saved the day. I got video of it too. We had a huge rainstorm on Thursday night. The streets were flooded with like a foot or so of water. They don't have storm drains here in Tehuacan. I really wanted to play in the rain and in the streets but I wasn't sure how sanitary that would have been.
Today I went to my host sisters swimming lesson. They tried to make me do it too but these 10 year olds were kicking my butt so I quit. They just couldn't handle my olympic doggy paddle skills. I used sunscreen but I think I got a little burnt again. My host family said that every Sunday after church they are going to take me to a sight seeing place and show me around. I'm pretty excited about that. Tomorrow they are going to take me to a soda making factory that is famous here. Its gonna be weird going on Sundays but its really the only day that they can take me places. I'm pretty excited to go. Well thats my update from Mexico!
Changes and Changes and Changes September 2023
2 years ago

Have you posted the grasshopper video yet?
ReplyDelete